Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Recap: the last few days

Sunday morning: Woodbury October 19

We walked for the fight against breast cancer early morning Sunday. The weather was decent and it was great to see a lot of people out for a good cause. Manny and I have a few family members who are breast cancer survivors! It's a great event for all woman (men and pets-- as we saw) to be apart of. 


This is Kaitlin. she is our daughter/but not really. Lol (she's my cousin to clear that up)


Monday night: October 20 

After my internship I headed to 14 th street to Irving Plaza super excited to see Gerard Way. I met up with my bro-in-law's girlfriend Ana for a much needed hang out. 

I am a HUGE (or do I say was?) lover of My Chemical Romance. Does it make me super old to say I remember listening to them senior year of High school? Ayy. Any who, he has a solo career now. His new album is out hesitant alien, which I love! 
The show was amazing. Gerard is just so talented (singing, and if you didn't know at drawing as well) 



Before he sang Maya The Psychic, he shared that it is a song about mental illness. He shared how great it is that the country has made great progress in talking about mental illness, as well as gay rights, but we still have a long way to go. I love that he is an advocate for mental illness. I'm all for anyone working towards destigmatizing mental illness. 
That's all for now! 

<3 Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment