Thursday, October 16, 2014

one week anniversary! whoooo

two post in one day.

but I wanted to shared that today the hubby and I have been married for a WHOLE week. haha
feels so short compared to our 9 year relationship.. but HEY. I shall celebrate.

I wanted to share a lovely picture from that day that was oh so long ago….

October 9, 2014 to be exact!

I got to marry my best friend. I always thought it was cheesy hearing couples say that, but he truly is my best friend. I guess I have entered the club. We met as teens and grew up together.. boy did we grow up.. After all these years and through so many ups and downs we made it here. I am grateful.
***
When Manny and I spoke about getting married we spoke about a quick ceremony at the court house and going home after. Then we were asked if there would be food? If there was going to be a reception. 
Honestly, there are a LOT of things that I am dealing with personally, and having been dealing with for sometime now that planning a big wedding was losing its appeal.  
Manny proposed on June 1, 2013. 
We planned a two year engagement and wanted an October wedding on our 10 th year of being together. 
Right around a year and one month after the engagement we were feeling a bit overwhelmed and began throwing around the idea of a non-secretive elopement. We discussed Hawaii for the two of us, we discussed the same location with only his immediate family (because they just had to be there!) We even discussed surprising everyone and just showing up married one day. 
We ended up planning (in a month) a court house wedding and a backyard reception. I shall share more pics of that day soon. 

The first picture is the second part of the high five we did after being pronounced husband and wife. (you know.. like the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.. yeahh)

Driving off into the nonexistent sunset. (this was at about 2pm)

<3 Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment