Saturday, October 25, 2014

Lake Placid: Honeymoon in New York

On the day of our wedding we were asked if we'd like to go up to Lake Placid to stay in a friend of a friends lodge. Of course we said Yes! So the following day we met with our friends (Brian and Jess) and drove for the 4 hours. 
When we got to the lodge of course it was pretty dark, so the picture taking began when we woke the next morning. 
Looking out the window that morning all I saw were the beautiful colorful leaves. 
Out my window ^ 

We spent the long weekend exploring the town. We found the BEST popcorn spot that called us back two days in a row. The gorgeous Mirror Lake (can be seen below) is just beautiful!! 
Each day we made an amazing breakfast. On one of the mornings while the boys went to the market, Jess and I watched sex and the city and drank our coffee from the softest couch. :) 
It was the most relaxing trip. Peaceful, and just exactly what we needed. 

When we spoke about a mini honeymoon I told Manny-- I want to go upstate! I want to see colorful leaves! I want to feel the brisk weather of the fall (that just hadn't reached the city yet)  
And what happened? Exactly that! 

Here are some photos: 
The lodge 
My favorite piece of the house (what's it called? Just a light, or chandlier? Idk) 
Introducing Ted. 
Lake Placid. 
This restaurant (Lisa G's) has a funny menu: 
This was found at the popcorn shop 
Manny and the gorgeous woods. 
Us at Mirror Lake (it was a wee bit chilly)
Mirror Lake  

Down by the river (below) 
Using my new baby. 

Thanks for reading! 
<3 Ashley 

No comments:

Post a Comment